What hormones and chemicals are
produced by the Adrenals?
The adrenal glands are responsible for the production of many hormones,
neurotransmitters and other biochemicals that your body uses to control its basic
Here is a fairly complete list of chemicals produced in the adrenal glands along with a
brief description of each chemicals basic functions:
The outer layer of the adrenal gland is called the cortex. It is responsible for the
production of the following substances.
- Cortisol- hormone that prepares the body for stress by effecting sugar
release, blood pressure, cholesterol production and thyroid activation. Cortisol
also has anti-inflammatory properties in the body.
- DHEA- testosterone, estrogen, androstenedione, DHT and other sex hormones
are all made from DHEA. It is produced in the cortex of the adrenals along with
- Androstenedione- much like DHEA, androstenedione is used to make
testosterone and different forms of estrogens.
- Testosterone- increases energy, muscle mass and sex drive. The adrenal
production is secondary in males.
- Estrogen- female sex hormone with regulation over many important tissues in
both males and females. Adrenal estrogen, estrone, is secondary to ovarian
estrogen in young females.
- Aldosterone- regulates water retention by controlling the sodium and
potassium levels in the body
The middle portion of the adrenal gland is known as the adrenal medulla. It is
responsible for the production of catecholamines:
- Adrenaline (epinephrine)- works together with cortisol during the stress
response to increases heart rate and blood pressure, constrict blood vessels
and increase air flow in the lungs, all things that will help you to run or fight for
- Noradrenaline (norepinephrine)- very similar in structure and function to its
brother chemical, adrenaline. Both give you the extra boost of energy when
your body thinks it needs it most.
Dysfunction of the adrenal gland, known as adrenal fatigue, can have severe
consequences on your health including extreme difficulty in losing weight.
The two best products I have found for rejuvenating the adrenal glands are Adrenal
Complex and Adrenotone. They work well individually and can work very well
together for those who need extra adrenal support.
If you have any symptoms of adrenal fatigue, call Complete Health and Weight Loss
for a full evaluation today.
If you have symptoms of adrenal fatigue but you don't live in the Dallas Fort
Worth area, we can still help you through phone consultations.
Click for more great Weight Loss Tips
Complete Health and Weight Loss
5000 Legacy Dr. #240
Plano, TX 75024
|We will never share your personal information with anyone
Overcome the two missing pieces in
every common weight loss plan. This FREE
training will give you the tools to lose weight,
look great and have more energy quickly
and easily. Start Now: